WHAT WE BELIEVE
St Joseph’s Church strives to be a vibrant, growing, welcoming, Bible-based,
prayerful community which worships the risen Jesus Christ, and demonstrates
Christ's love. We are committed to the authority and accuracy of Scripture as
the ultimate voice of God, who defines our faith and life together:
• We express our love for God in worship and in prayer
• We are a Bible-based, prayerful community, equipping God's servants to
apply God's Word and will in practical ways
• We come to worship God: we know He is present, we hear Him speak
• We reach out to each other and to the community:
• We express our love for our neighbours by caring for them and helping them
to know and experience God's love through Jesus Christ
• We are committed to share God's love by serving our local community.
• We are a caring community. Each person is valued and by God's Word we
seek to build each other up in Christ
A PRAYER FOR OUR PARISH
we thank you for our parish and ask that you will be present in all that takes place
within its boundaries.
Give wisdom to those with responsibility for making decisions which affect our corporate life.
Inspire with Your Holy Spirit those who care for our physical, mental and spiritual needs.
Grant comfort and healing to any who are in trouble, sickness or distress.
And direct our ways so that we may prepare ourselves
for the coming of Your kingdom and live as servants of our Living Lord, Jesus Christ.